(Updated as of June 24, 2022)
IMPLEMENTING RULES AND REGULATIONS OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 10930
AN ACT RATIONALIZING AND STRENGTHENING THE POLICY REGARDING DRIVER’S LICENSE BY EXTENDING THE VALIDITY PERIOD OF DRIVERS’ LICENSES, AND PENALIZING ACTS IN VIOLATION OF ITS ISSUANCE AND APPLICATION AMENDING FOR THOSE PURPOSES SECTION 23 OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 4136, AS AMENDED BY BATAS PAMBANSA BLG. 398 AND EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 1011, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE LAND TRANSPORTATION AND TRAFFIC CODE.
RESOURCES: [PDF] Implementing Rules And Regulations Of Republic Act No. 10930
I. ISSUANCE OF DRIVER LICENSES WITH 10 YEAR VALIDITY
– LTO will begin implementing the provision of Republic Act (RA) 10930 regarding Driver’s License renewal. In accordance with RA 10930, which mandates extending the validity of Driver’s License. All clients must go through Comprehensive Driver’s Education (CDE) in order to receive their CDE Certificate.
II. HOW TO RENEW YOUR DRIVER LICENSE WITH 10 YEAR VALIDITY
– Those without a traffic violation record can now renew their Driver’s License with a validity of 10 years. Meanwhile, applicants with a traffic violation records will remain on the 5-year validity of Driver’s License.
– Remember that if you were going to renew your Driver’s License, before going to a LTO Office you need to first create an account on the LTMS Portal and make sure you have a printed copy of your Comprehensive Driver’s Education (CDE) Certificate and Medical Certificate which is one of the main Requirements now to be able to renew a Driver’s License.
– All renewals must go through Comprehensive Driver’s Education (CDE) in order to receive their CDE Certificate.
– CDE materials are available on the LTO Portal , at LTO offices, and at LTO-Accredited Driving Schools. Subscribing to CDE on the LTO Portal is free. Therefore, all LTO clients are invited to register and participate in the Land Transportation Management System (LTMS) on the LTO Portal.
III. LAND TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (LTMS)
– EASIER and FASTER service, made possible by the Land Transportation Office (LTO) for Filipinos. This innovative system enabled us to create the LTO PUBLIC PORTAL. This LTO Public Portal will allow our clients to avoid long queues and long waits.
– Through the Land Transportation Management System (LTMS) Portal you can now register a “lifetime” account which is ONE of the steps to get a Driver’s License, and other transactions, ONLINE! This will speed up the transaction time of the clients, one of the signs that the LTO system is constantly changing and advancing. Here is the small presentation prepared by the agency to guide its applicants in the modern system and in the transactions involved therein.