STUDENT PERMIT APPLICATION
1.1. Filipino citizens [sixteen (16) years of age and above]
1.2. Foreign citizens at least eighteen (18) years old and must have been in the Philippines for at least one (1) month and proof of stay for at least six (6) months
2. Must be physically and mentally fit
3. Must be able to read and write in Filipino or English
4. Must not have unsettled traffic violation
5.Must have completed Theoretical Driving Couse
6. Must have an email address
CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS:
- Duly accomplished Application for Permits and Licenses (APL) Form.
- Electronically transmitted medical certficate from LTO accredited medical clinic. Submission of one (1) photocopy and presentation of original medical certificate
- Presentation of original and submission of one (1) photocopy of any of the following:
a. PSA/NSO Certificate of Birth
b. Philippine Identification Card
d. Local Civil Registry (for areas where there is no PSA)
e. PSA Certificate of Marriage
- For applicants below 18 years of age, one (1) parent’s consent or a person having custody/care or supervision over the minor applicant authorizing the applicant to secure a student permit with presentation of one (1) original and submission of one (1) photocopy of any valid government issued ID of the parent/affiant with photo and signature
- Presentation of original and submission of one (1) photocopy of any issued ID with photo and signature of the applicant
- In addition, for foreigner, presentation of the original and submission of one (1) photocopy of passport with entry date of at least one (1) month and visa duration of six (6) months from date of application, or if born in the Philippines, presentation of the original and submission of one (1) photocopy of birth certificate duly authenticated by Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
- Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN), if employed
- Presentation of the original and submission of one (1) photocopy of Certificate of Completion of the 15-hours Theoretical Driving Course (Electronically transmitted to LTO by the accredited driving school / LTO DEC / LTO Accredited TESDA Training Center)
FOR RENEWAL OF STUDENT DRIVER’S PERMIT
- Duly accomplished Application for Permits and License (APL) e-Form
- Presentation of the Student Driver’s Permit
- Electronically transmitted medical certificate from LTO accredited medical clinic. Submission of one (1) photocopy and presentation of original medical certificate
- For holders of Student Permit issued before August 3, 2020, presentation of original and submission of one (1) photocopy of Certificate of Completion of the 15-hour Theoretical Driving Course (Electronically transmitted to LTO by the accredited driving school / LTO DEC / LTO Accredited TESDA Training Center)
- Government issued ID’s – Philippine Identification (PhilID) Card, Philippine passport, Social Security System (SSS) Card, UMID Card, PhilHealth ID, TIN Card, Postal ID, Voter’s ID, Barangay ID, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID, Senior Citizen ID, OFW ID, Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID, National Council of Disabled Affairs (NCDA) ID, Solo Parent ID,Voter’s Certification, Government Services and Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card, Seaman’s Book, Government Owned and/or Controlled Corporations (GOCC) ID, Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) ID, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- The Student Permit shall be valid for one (1) year from the date of its issuance. After one (1) year, it cannot be used for purposes of the practical driving course. However, it can be used to apply for Non-Professional Driver’s License if the practical driving course has been completed within the one (1) year validity period.
- After two (2) years from the date of issuance of Student Permit, the holder shall be required to acquire a new student permit bearing the same Student Permit number and undergo the required apprenticeship period reckoned from the date of issuance of the new Student Permit. All records of training courses shall be retained.
- Student Permit may be renewed on or before the expiry date if the holder is not ready to apply for the Non-Professional Drivers License.Except for settlement of penalties due to traffic violations, only the basic fee shall be collected for the renewal of Student Permit after the expiry date.
Pursuant to MC 2020-2194 dated 29 June 2020, all holders of SP that have expired and was issued prior to 03 August 2020 shall be required to complete the TDC.
- Requests Application for Driver’s License (ADL) form and accomplishes the same.
- Submits accomplished ADL and all the requirements with the attached queue number
2.1. Reads the Driver’s Road Safety Pledge
- Waits queue number/name to be called for photo and signature capture
- Proceeds to the Cashier for payment of fees
- Receives Student Permit and Official Receipt
5.1. Fills out logsheet
OFFICE OR DIVISION
- Licensing Centers / Licensing Extension Offices
- District Offices / Extension Offices
- DLROs / E-Patrol
- For foreign applicants residing at NCR: License Section, Central Office
- For foreign applicants residing outside NCR: Licensing Centers, District / Extension Offices authorized by the Regional Office